Birth Control and Pregnancy Testing
DAP Health’s reproductive health program for people assigned female at birth (AFAB) or born with a uterus includes birth control, pregnancy testing, and STI testing and treatment.
A variety of birth control options are available, and DAP Health’s expert staff members are here to help you figure out what works best for you and your health. These services are accessible to everyone 17 years of age and up. Our services are provided at no cost.
DAP Health offers prescriptions for most birth control options, plus emergency contraceptives.
Its clinics do not provide IUDs, the implant, or other long-acting birth control methods, including permanent birth control (tubal-ligation or vasectomy). You need to see your OB-GYN or urologist for permanent birth control.
Birth Control Options
- Oral birth control pills (combined, or progestin only)
- Birth control patch
- Vaginal ring
- Depo-Provera shot (contraceptive injection)
- Non-hormonal gel
- Condoms (female and male)
Emergency Contraception Options
- Oral emergency contraception (Plan B) is available over the counter, but DAP Health can also provide a prescription if you want to run the pills through your insurance.
- Alternative options can be recommended
- Pregnancy tests are conducted through a urine sample
- Referrals to OB-GYNs are offered for any positive pregnancy test or abnormal findings.
STI Testing & Treatment
- No-cost STI testing and treatment are also available for people AFAB or born with uterus.
- DAP Health offers non-invasive, self-swab STI testing for people AFAB or born with a uterus.