Gender Affirming Care
We promote the health and well-being of our transgender, intersex, and gender diverse clients in a safe, affirming environment where they are treated with dignity. Family support is available as well. Our clinicians follow Word Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) guidelines.
Gender and Sexuality Affirming Care
True to the mission of DAP, we enhance and promote the health and well-being of our community by providing our transgender, intersex, and gender diverse clients an affirming environment where they can feel safe, respected, and treated with dignity. We also offer support to their partners and families.
Our clinicians follow World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) guidelines and obtain WPATH training and continuing education in the assessment and treatment of gender dysphoria.
We recognize that our services and programs are most effective when we address intersectionality issues that contribute to the risks of stigma and discrimination specific to the transgender, intersex, and gender diverse community. By providing services designed to empower and engage our clients in ongoing relationships with their primary care clinician, we address the full spectrum of health and wellness needs. Our medical team works closely with other disciplines in behavioral health, community health, nutrition services, and social services to provide all of our clients compassionate and comprehensive care.
Our clinicians provide:
- Primary and Preventative Care
- Hormone Care
- Wellness services such as immunizations, lower exam with PAP and HPV testing; as well as referrals for mammograms, bone density scans, colonoscopy, abdominal aortic aneurysm screening, lung cancer screening, and colposcopy if needed
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screenings and treatment
- HIV Specialty Care such as testing, treatment, and prevention, including PrEP and PEP
- Hepatitis C screening and treatment
- High-resolution anoscopy for detection and treatment of high-grade anal dysplasia (pre-cancerous lesions in the anal canal)
- Annual physicals and pre-op evaluation
- Referrals for Behavioral Health
- Referrals and collaboration with specialists for gender affirming surgeries and procedures
- Nutrition services
- Onsite laboratory diagnostic services
- Prescriptions filled at the in-house federal government program 340B pharmacy
You are special, and you have a unique story to tell. Let us be part of your gender journey. Contact a member of our care team today by completing the form below.
We accept Medi-Cal, Medicare, most major insurance plans, and some HMOs. If you are currently not insured, DAP Health wants to work with you to find a way to get you into care through Covered California or determine your eligibility for medical and drug assistance programs.