'Mental health is health'
DAP Health Insights – Monday, July 12, 2021, from David Brinkman, CEO
Dr. Gover talks about behavioral health care in the Coachella Valley
Mental health care is a significant need across the Coachella Valley. Anxiety, depression and mood disorders are major issues facing the LGBTQ+ and underserved communities, says Dr. Jill Gover, known as "Dr. G," a licensed clinical psychologist and the Director of Behavioral Health at DAP Health.
To have true wellness, a person needs to have both mental health and physical health, Dr. G says. They are integrated. Someone can't have one without the other. She strongly advises people to seek out behavioral health services if they need them.
Dr. G also is excited to announce the opening of the new Behavioral Health Clinic scheduled for September 2021. The new clinic will allow for additional staffing and expanded psychotherapy services.
Protect yourself from the sun to avoid skin cancer, premature aging; blindness
At this time of year, it's essential to protect our bodies from the sun's harmful rays. The ultraviolet radiation coming from our favorite star can seriously harm us. Too much sunshine can cause skin cancer, premature aging, and eye diseases that can lead to blindness.
July is UV Safety Awareness Month. We have included tips about how people can avoid getting too much sun and cut their risk of developing skin cancer. Summer is the best time to think about UV radiation and how to protect ourselves.
In the news
- DAP Health to offer free STI testing in Palm Springs through the end of 2021 via The Desert Sun
- DAP Health sexual wellness clinic offers free services via KESQ
- DAP Health sexual wellness clinic to be offered free for everyone via Gay Desert Guide
- Affordable housing project coming to Palm Springs via NBC Palm Springs
- 8 Reasons Why It’s time to Get the COVID-19 Vaccine via The Standard Magazine PS
- Dr. Tulika Singh Co-Authors Major HIV Clinical Research Study via The Standard Magazine