Care for Everyone
In just 24 months, DAP has gone from serving 2,300 to more than 4,500 clients a year. That’s almost doubled the demand on our resources. With more than 51% of Coachella Valley residents living in poverty—a fact some of you perhaps weren’t aware of—it’s estimated that some 40 000 people living in our service area remain without access to health care. To these community members, health care, today, is an unaffordable luxury.
THE NEED IN OUR COMMUNITY
- • Desert AIDS Projects affordable housing facility, Vista Sunrise, has a three-year waiting list. Yet, we know, people experiencing homelessness have rates of HIV infection as high as 16 times of others.
- • Oral health is directly connected to immune health. Desert AIDS Projects dental facility currently provided high-quality dental care to 1,000 patients annually but is maxed at its current capacity.
- • 51% of our neighbors in the Coachella Valley live at or below 200% of the federal poverty level.
- • Despite D.A.P. growing from serving 2,300 just two years go to now more than 4,500 people today, there are an estimated 40,000 people living in our service area who still live without access to healthcare.
YOUR SUPPORT OF DESERT AIDS PROJECT WILL HELP UP RESPOND TO GROWING NEEDS IN THE COMMUNITY
- • Building 60 additional units of affordable housing.
- • Expand the capacity of our medical clinics to 8,000 patients
- • Expand dental clinic to serve nearly 2,000 people annually.
- • House 75% more people, moving them from housing uncertainty to stability.
- • Triple capacity to provide robust behavioral and mental health services to this community.
- • Serve the unique needs of up to 10,000 of our neighbors in the Coachella Valley.
The Garlock Family